Found in: Basic Laptops
- 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7-8550U Quad-Core
- 8GB of DDR4 RAM | 256GB SATA 2.5" SSD
- 15.6" 1920 x 1080 IPS Touchscreen
- Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620
- SD/SDHC/SDXC Card Reader
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 | USB 2.0 | HDMI
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.1
- 720p & IR Webcams, Mics, and Speakers
- 360° Hinge
- Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)
With its 360° hinge design, the 15.6" Inspiron 15 5000 Series 5579 Multi-Touch 2-in-1 Notebook from Dell allows you to switch between four different modes. You can use Tent Mode for using recipes in real time, Stand Mode for movies on an airplane, Laptop Mode for typing your novel or emailing work, and Tablet Mode to make reading easier while you're reclined. The Inspiron 15 5579 measures just 0.8" thin and weighs 4.85 pounds.
The 15.6" TrueLife IPS display features a Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, a 16:9 aspect ratio, 80/80/80/80° viewing angles, a 60 Hz refresh rate, LED backlighting, and multi-touch functionality, which allows you to utilize the touch features and functions in Windows 10 Home to further improve accessibility and productivity. You can swipe, tap, and resize apps at your preference. The integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 chipset delivers a sharp, clear picture, and you'll also be able to output video to an external display using the built-in HDMI 1.4b output.
The system is powered by a 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7-8550U Quad-Core processor that can be overclocked to 4.0 GHz. It also has 16GB of 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM, a 512GB SATA III 2.5" SSD, two USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports (one with PowerShare), one USB 2.0 port Type-A port, one HDMI 1.4b port, a built-in SD/SDHC/SDXC card reader, dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi (2x2), and Bluetooth 4.1. Other features include an integrated 720p webcam for video calls, a 480p infrared (IR) webcam that senses depth to enhance security with Windows Hello face authentication, dual integrated microphones, and stereo speakers that are driven by the Realtek ALC3253-VA3 codec with Waves MaxxAudio Pro.
Included with this system are a 45W AC adapter that operates using 100-240 VAC at 50-60 Hz and a 3-cell / 42Wh lithium-ion battery that has a life of 300 discharge/charge cycles. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Home (64-bit).
Flexible Modes, Exciting Options
- Flip into Action
- With an 360° hinge, the Inspiron 5579 2-in-1 allows you to switch between four different modes: Tent Mode for using recipes in real time, Stand Mode for movies on the airplane, Laptop Mode for typing your novel or emailing work, and Tablet Mode makes reading while you're reclined more user-friendly.
- Adjust with Ease
- The Inspiron 15 5579 2-in-1 is a good blend between portability and performance. Its 15.6" display offers 40% more viewable area than a 13.3" screen, so you have more room to spread out your work, and more space to enjoy your movie.
- Options Galore
- An available backlit keyboard makes it nicer to work in dim environments and the Infrared Camera option works with 'Windows Hello' to log you in with quick and secure facial recognition.
- Ready for the Road
- The popular, 15.6" size is well-suited for portability and convenience, while still giving you plenty of screen space for work and entertainment, or sharing a movie with a friend.
- Maximize Screen Space
- The 5579's design emphasizes more screen and less bezel, so your attention is drawn to that wide-angle display.
- Designed to Impress
- The dark gray exterior finish is matched with a smooth, matte black inside, offering an attractive, professional appearance that looks great for any occasion.
Built For Adaptability, Tested For Dependability
- Stunning Sound and Vision
- Each Inspiron 5579 comes with Waves MaxxAudio Pro audio and available Intel UHD 620 graphics with shared graphics memory, so your media looks and sounds great.
- The SSD Difference
- A 512GB SATA III 2.5" SSD provides longer battery life, quicker responsiveness, quieter performance, and improved shock resistance compared to conventional hard drives.
- Get Connected
- The Inspiron 5579 2-in-1 is equipped with 802.11ac Wi-Fi for fast, long-range wireless connectivity with less buffering and drops compared to older designs.
Designed For The Real World
- Turn Up the Heat
- From locker rooms to locked cars, Inspiron laptops are tested for survival in harsh short-term heat conditions of up to 149°F / 65°C.
- Everything Hinges on It
- Dell tests Inspiron laptop hinges to ensure they still feel tight, even after opening and closing the lid 20,000 times.
- Keys to Success
- Dell tests commonly used keys for 10 million keystrokes and touch pad buttons 1 million times with no failure. So go ahead, finish your novel.
- Buttoned Up
- No matter what you set your power and multimedia buttons to do, Dell has tested them all to survive up to 40,000 pushes.
- Twist and Turn
- After twisting an Inspiron laptop's base and lid more than 25,000 times, Dell can assure you the parts inside are well protected.
- A Good Fit
- You'll probably never need to remove and reinstall your Inspiron's battery 30 times, but you can rest easy knowing that Dell has tested even that.
Windows 10 Home
- Start Menu
- After its hiatus in Windows 8, the Start Menu has returned. Utilizing a combination of the traditional menu system and Windows 8's Live Tiles, the improved Start Menu gives you more information at a glance, showing notification information alongside your applications and other pinned items.
- Microsoft's digital personal assistant, Cortana, can answer your questions with information gleaned from both your device and the Internet at large. You can type or even talk with her, if your system has a microphone. Using her Notebook, Cortana keeps track of your needs and wants, and she learns over time to improve her information-gathering skills.
- Microsoft Edge
- After nearly 20 years, Microsoft has finally replaced its Internet Explorer web browser. With Microsoft Edge, users can write directly on web pages and share notes with friends and colleagues. It also improves the online reading experience by adding a distraction-free mode and read-it-later functionality. Edge also has built-in Cortana integration; you can have her help you find a restaurant, make a reservation, and pull up directions without leaving your browser.
- Windows Store
- For Windows 10, Microsoft has unified the Windows Store. Now, apps for PCs, tablets, and phones will all be accessible from one place. And with support for Universal Apps, one version of an app can work across all your compatible devices automatically.
- Windows Continuum
- Windows 10 was designed for a variety of screen sizes and input styles, and with its Continuum feature, it automatically adapts to fit your needs. A Windows 10 tablet on its own requires a touch-centric approach, but attaching a mouse and keyboard will shift everything to a more traditional interface. You can even attach an external monitor to your Windows 10 phone for a near-desktop experience. But it's not just the operating system; Windows Universal Apps take advantage of Continuum as well.
- Xbox on Windows 10
- Gaming is a big focus of Windows 10. Xbox integration allows for PC players to match up against Xbox One players on supported games, and if you have an Xbox One, you can even stream compatible titles to your PC. Native support for recording with the new Game DVR feature makes it easy to capture and share your gameplay. The new DirectX12 takes better advantage of multi-core processors, giving games a performance boost, even on older hardware. Windows 10 also features native support for virtual reality headsets, such as the Oculus Rift.
Dell Inspiron 15 5579 Specs
Performance Processor Intel Core i7-8550U Quad-Core Base Clock Speed 1.8 GHz Maximum Boost Speed 4.0 GHz Total Installed Memory 16 GB Maximum Memory Capacity 32 GB Memory Type DDR4 SDRAM Memory Speed 2400 MHz User-Replaceable Memory Not Specified by Manufacturer Available Memory Slots Not Specified by Manufacturer Memory Slot Type 260-Pin SO-DIMM Graphics Type Integrated Graphics Card Intel UHD Graphics 620 Display Panel Type IPS Size 15.6" Aspect Ratio 16:9 Native Resolution 1920 x 1080 Touchscreen Yes Finish Glossy Viewing Angle 160° Horizontal, 160° Vertical Refresh Rate 60 Hz Drives Available Slots None Total Capacity 512 GB Solid State Storage 1 x 512 GB 2.5" SATA Optical Drive None Input/Output Connectors Ports 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A
1 x USB 2.0 Type-A
Display 1 x HDMI 1.4 Audio 2 x Integrated Speaker
2 x Integrated Microphone
1 x 1/8" (3.5 mm) Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack
Expansion Slots None Media Card Slots SD/SDHC/SDXC Communications Network None Modem None Wi-Fi 802.11ac; Dual-Band MU-MIMO Support 2 x 2 Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.1 Mobile Broadband None GPS None NFC None Webcam User-Facing: .92 MP Photo / 720p Video
User-Facing: .31 MP Photo / 480p Video
Battery Battery Chemistry Lithium-Ion Watt Hours / Type 42 Wh Cells 3 Output Voltage 11.4 VDC Maximum Runtime Not Specified by Manufacturer Power Requirements 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz Power Supply 1 x 45 W General Operating System Windows 10 Home (64-Bit) Security Kensington Lock Slot, Accepts 3rd Party Security Lock Devices Keyboard Type: Standard Notebook Keyboard
Features: Backlight, Numeric Keypad
Pointing Device TouchPad Dimensions (W x H x D) 15.0 x 0.8 x 10.0" / 38.1 x 2.0 x 25.4 cm Weight 4.85 lb / 2.20 kg (Starting weight) Packaging Info Package Weight 6.9 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 20.3 x 13.2 x 3.5"In the BoxDell 15.6" Inspiron 15 5000 Series 5579 Multi-Touch 2-in-1 Notebook
- 45W AC Adapter
- Limited 1-Year Warranty